Visit Sweden invited me (Andres) to explore Malmö and the rural areas of Skåne (Mitt Skåne and the South coast). The trip started at the green, sustainable city of Malmö. I had a great time going around by bike and visited the different parts of this interesting city. By changing the former industrial Western Harbour district into an eco-friendly neighbourhood with houses and office buildings, the city made a big shift and evolved into a very sustainable city. Besides this modern part of town, Malmö has a beautiful old city center with cobblestone streets. In this part of town you can also find great initiatives of stores and restaurants offering sustainable clothes, furniture and organic food (you can find some recommendations at the end of this publication).
The second part of the trip took me to rural Skåne. I discovered this part of Sweden by going around by bike. In Mitt Skåne I biked along beautifull lake Ringsjön and on the southern coast I followed the quite and peaceful coast line to the southernmost point of Sweden and Trelleborg.
Here are some suggestions for places to visit while in Skåne:
- Kungsparken, the big park in the middle of the city
- Galma Staden, an old neighbourhood with cobblestone streets
- Green Matmarknad, great food store and lunch location in the Western Harbour district (greenmatmarknad.se)
- Ribersborgs Kallbadhus, the 'Wes Anderson' style open air bath and sauna (ribersborgskallbadhus.se)
- Moderna Museet Malmö, modern art and great architecture (www.modernamuseet.se)
- Djäkne Kaffebar, for a perfect v60 drip coffee (www.djakne.se)
- Organic Bakery & Cafe, a great breakfast spot (organicbakery.se)
- Musette, a cool coffee and bike store (musette.se)
- Mani, one of the most beautiful vintage fashion stores I've ever seen! (manivintage.com)
- Ab Småland, a must see lifestyle store with a focus on sustainablility
- Uma Bazaar, for organic fashion (umabazaar.com)
- Norrgavel, a beautiful ecological interior store (norrgavel.se)
- Cykelköket, for all bike lovers. A great local initiative where you can learn to fix your bike during workshops. Also a very nice creative space in a former shipyard (cykelkoket.blogspot.com)
- Ringsjö Krog & Wärdshus, a lake site hotel with an amazing restaurant (ringsjowardshus.se)
- Bränneriets Gård, an organic farm, store and cafe. A must stop while touring the country site (brannerietsgard.se)
- Hörte Brygga, for a sea side dinner with locally sourced food at a unique location (hortebrygga.se)
- Smygehuk, the southernmost point in Sweden (soderslatt.com)
Thanks to Visit Skane for organizing this trip!
On our Instagram profile you can find more images #enjoyskane